[We post job listings for relevant opportunities we think our audience might be interested in under the tag “Job Listings” - all of which can be accessed in the order they are posted by clicking JOB LISTINGS on our sidebar. Check back frequently for the latest updates, and please help disseminate! Also check out The Center for Sexual Pleasure and Health on LinkedIn.]
To oversee the day to day functions of the women’s shelter program including staff supervision and support, shelter resident relations, physical condition, and programmatic compliance relating to funders and owners. Ensures that the environment for clients is welcoming, respectful, supportive and trauma informed.
- Advocates for the mission of the organization and upholds the agency’s values.
- Ensure the delivery of quality services through clear program procedures and guidelines.
- Develop and make recommendations on policies and procedures appropriate to the operation of the program.
- Ensure that such policies are consistent with our mission of treating shelter clients with respect and dignity, understood by all staff and volunteers, and implemented fairly and consistently.
- Ensure that policies and practices create an environment for clients that are based on trauma informed practices.
- Ensure that funder and regulatory policies are being complied with and all necessary documentation is complete.
- Ensure the facility meets quality standards by conducting regular physical inspections, with the Director of Facilities and individually.
- Ensure the program and facility operates in a safe manner at all times though regular contact with the Director of Safety.
- Participate in budget planning, track expenses, evaluate costs, and consider ways to conserve on costs.
- Identify projects for grant requests and collaborate with development staff on budget for projects.
- Provide clinical oversight and coordination for case management services for all women’s shelter guests with Director of Social Services, women’s shelter staff, and case advocates to ensure all shelter residents have an active case plan and assist shelter staff with supporting the clients as they work towards their goals.
- Provide clinical supervision, oversight and guidance to staff on those shelter guests with severe mental illness, chronic substance abuse and other complex needs.
- Plan, develop, and maintain collaborations with social service, medical, and mental health providers that are helpful to our guests and workable for our staff and site.
- Complete reports and other program administrative duties in a timely manner.
- Work with Data Evaluation to ensure that HMIS is being utilized in accordance with program requirements, and to formulate effective program measurements and outcomes.
- Conduct regular supervision with program staff.
- Recruit BSW/MSW/LMHC student interns to be placed at the women’s shelter and provide clinical supervision.
- Conduct job performance evaluations in a timely manner providing staff with feedback and opportunities for growth and development. Ensure appropriate staff coverage of all shifts.
- Actively participate in/facilitate staff meetings and training opportunities.
- Actively participate in the Management team through regularly scheduled meetings and day-to-day activities.
- Ensure that the programs are at all times in compliance with state and federal laws including in particular, fair housing.
- Be available and on call for emergencies at program sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
How To Apply: If you are interested in applying, download our application for employment (PDF, 42.5KB) and email it with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 401-521-1894. If you’re interested, please read the description of Crossroads Rhode Island benefits program. We maintain applications for up to one year and will contact you should your skills and qualifications meet our requirements. We apologize for being unable to contact or respond to all applicants. We value your interest in our mission and we look forward to hearing from you