URGENT: DEADLINE FOR THIS JOB APPLICATION IS FRIDAY, JUNE 22!
You can go directly to the listing here: http://www.queertransmen.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=27&Itemid=2
[We post job listings for relevant opportunities we think our audience might be interested in under the tag “Job Listings” - all of which can be accessed in the order they are posted by clicking JOB LISTINGS on our sidebar. Check back frequently for the latest updates, and please help disseminate!]
Organization Summary: Funded by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, the Trans MSM Sexual Health Study is a community-based research (CBR) project that will investigate the situations, cultural practices and discourses, and safer sex decision-making strategies that increase or reduce HIV risk among trans men who have sex with men in Ontario. TMSM with expertise in sexual health, HIV prevention, and community services from across Ontario have taken the lead in designing all aspects of the research, from identifying the research questions to selecting academic partners, and determining relevant strategies for capacity-building and knowledge transfer and dissemination.
Job Description: We are currently seeking a Project Coordinator - 3 days a week, August 1, 2012 – January 31, 2014, to oversee and facilitate all aspects of the research in conjunction with the study investigators. Responsibilities are:
- collaborate with the project team to devise a research recruitment strategy
- engage in outreach and promotion of the study to trans communities and service providers
- assist with the final selection of research questions
- schedule and conduct approximately 40 research interviews in person, via telephone or Skype
- oversee data storage and other project file management systems
- oversee data entry, coding and analysis
- coordinate writing of reports, papers, briefs, etc
- coordinate knowledge dissemination activities that transfer research findings back to diverse stakeholder groups
- lived experienceas a trans man who identifies as gay, bi, queer, MSM
- excellent knowledge of trans sexual health (including HIV) issues
- excellent knowledge of the broad array of issues facing TMSM
- experience with project coordination
- strong oral and written communication skills
- fluency in computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, etc)
- experience in qualitative interviewing
- familiarity with qualitative data management software
- commitment to adhering to privacy and other ethical research practices
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- passionate about and experienced in undertaking CBR
- potential to work evenings and some weekends
The position is based in Toronto – applicants should live within commuting distance.
How To Apply: Please e-mail letter of interest and resume by Friday, June 22, 2012, to:
email@example.com, subject line: Trans MSM Sexual Health Study, Hiring Committee.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.