[We post job listings for relevant opportunities we think our audience might be interested in under the tag “Job Listings” - all of which can be accessed in the order they are posted by clicking JOB LISTINGS on our sidebar. Check back frequently for the latest updates, and please help disseminate! Also check out The Center for Sexual Pleasure and Health on LinkedIn.]
This position offers the opportunity to shape Colorado’s agenda on adolescent sexual health and ensure that young people throughout the state have the information and resources they need to make informed decisions about sexual health and parenting. This position requires a passion for the mission of the organization, commitment to social justice, excellent fundraising skills and the ability to advocate on behalf of adolescent sexual health and the organization in a variety of venues. This is a highly collaborative position requiring outstanding leadership and communication skills. The Executive Director is also responsible for the organization’s day-to- day operations and reports to the Board of Directors. Diversity and inclusiveness are strong values and practices at CYM, therefore, we strongly encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
Provide strategic leadership of Colorado Youth Matter
- Provide leadership and oversight of the state’s leading adolescent sexual health organization. Help define the strategy of organization, in conjunction with Board of Directors, ensuring that young people have the information and resources they need to make informed choices about sexual health and parenting.
- Provide effective leadership and oversight of human and financial resources of Colorado Youth Matter consistent with the strategic plan and direction set by the Board of Directors.
- Work with Executive Committee and Board of Directors on organizational priorities, goals and vision in implementing the strategic and operation plans; support the work of the Board of Directors at every level, and maintain high levels of communication with Board of Directors.
- Assist in the recruitment and orientation of strong and involved Board of Directors to prioritize and implement the organization’s initiatives.
Lead fundraising and financial management of Colorado Youth Matter
- Defines, develops and monitors strategies that ensure the long-term financial growth and health of the organization by working with the Board to increase and diversify funding.
- Oversees fiscal management and ensures adequate internal controls.
- Develops and recommends annual budget for Board approval; keeps board apprised of fiscal needs and challenges.
- Manages expenditures within budget guidelines and keeps Board informed of significant variances in expenses or revenues. Reports financial results relative to the budget, manages cash flow, maintains insurance coverage, and enters into contracts on behalf of the organization while adhering to established fiscal procedures and performance standards.
- Ensures annual state corporate, IRS tax, and other financial reporting.
Broaden public support for Colorado Youth Matter
- Serve as chief spokesperson, representing Colorado Youth Matter throughout the state and in the media; encouraging partnerships & collaborations that advance youth sexual health.
- Build awareness and support of adolescent sexual health issues within the non-profit, government, corporate and funding communities.
- Manage Colorado Youth Matter’s brand; market the organization’s programs and services.
- Communicates directly on an ongoing basis with all grantors, private funders, individual
contributors and general stakeholders to keep them abreast of developments at the organization and generally about the issue of adolescent sexual health.
Organize and direct overall management of Colorado Youth Matter
- Ensure all operations within Colorado Youth Matter are consistent with the values, mission, goals and policies.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the organization, including staff and programmatic progress.
- Build an effective team through hiring, supervising and evaluating the staff to ensure effective implementation of the agency’s mission, goals and objectives.
- Creates and maintains a climate that attracts, retains, motivates and builds the capacity of a diverse staff of top quality people.
- Ensures the organization is current with all relevant human resource laws and regulations and at least annually audits the employee handbook to ensure it meets best practices and creates and implements a competitive employee compensation package.
How To Apply: Applications will be accepted by email only. Qualified applicants should email a resume and cover letter (including items below) to: CYM.ED.email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
In your cover letter, please highlight how you encompass the following qualities, characteristics or skills important to this position and the organization: Commitment to social justice, Proven success with non-profit fundraising, Leadership skills, Passion for Colorado Youth Matter’s mission
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until midnight, Friday, November 9th.