Job Listing: Program Assistant, Fenway Health Center
[We post job listings for relevant opportunities we think our audience might be interested in under the tag “Job Listings” - all of which can be accessed in the order they are posted by clicking JOB LISTINGS on our sidebar. Check back frequently for the latest updates, and please help disseminate! Also check out The Center for Sexual Pleasure and Health on LinkedIn.]
Note: This is an excerpted job description. Click this link to read the whole thing.
Fenway Health is a comprehensive community health center, providing a wide continuum of health care services. We are New England’s leading primary care health center for the lesbian and gay community, and in addition we provide health care to residents of Boston’s Fenway neighborhood.
Fenway also administers The Fenway Institute, the nation’s leading center for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender research and evaluation, training and education and policy and advocacy. The Fenway Institute conducts a wide range of studies on such topics as HIV risk reduction and prevention, drug treatment trials efficacy, substance abuse recovery and hepatitis transmission. The following position is available at the Institute within Fenway Health.
The Program Assistant will provide office management, administrative assistance, and social media/website support to the National LGBT Health Education Center. The Center provides professional development programs, such as workshops, webinars, and online resources to community health centers and other health agencies to help them improve their capacity to provide cost-effective, inclusive services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people.
- Providing administrative support such as coordinating meetingspreparing minutes, answering and directing calls, assisting with travel plans, and documenting reimbursements
- Maintaining a database of training contacts and activities; supporting the development of surveys and evaluation tools
- Updating and monitoring online technologies such as website content and Facebook for the Education Center.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum two years of office experience
- Strong interest in LGBT health
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize assigned duties
- Ability to work independently and in small groups
- Experience with Webex and with WordPress content management system is desirable
- Experience working in an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse environment preferred
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals required
How To Apply: When applying for this position, please reference the job title and job ID #346
Applicants are encouraged to download and complete our application form from our website www.fenwayhealth.org/jobs, and send it to Human Resources via Fax or US Mail:
US Mail: Fenway Health 1340 Boylston Street 9th Floor, Ansin Building Boston, MA 02215 Attention: Human Resources