Job Listing: WISE Initiative Program Manager, WV FREE
[We post job listings for relevant opportunities we think our audience might be interested in under the tag “Job Listings” - all of which can be accessed in the order they are posted by clicking JOB LISTINGS on our sidebar. Check back frequently for the latest updates, and please help disseminate! Also check out The Center for Sexual Pleasure and Health on LinkedIn.]
Note: This is an excerpted job description. Click this link to read the whole thing.
Organization Information: WV FREE, West Virginia’s foremost education and advocacy organization for reproductive justice (www.wvfree.org) works every day for West Virginia women and families to improve education on reproductive options, increase access to affordable birth control, and protect personal decision-making, including decisions about whether or when to have child. We work to accomplish our goals through grassroots activism, public education, policy advocacy, coalition building and conducting community events.
Our office is centrally located in the heart of “Wild, Wonderful West Virginia” in downtown Charleston, the state’s capitol city. Charleston offers a pleasant and cosmopolitan lifestyle in a smaller, affordable metropolitan area with active civic organizations, exciting arts and performance venues, institutions of higher education, and excellent medical facilities. West Virginia’s beautiful state parks, trails for hiking and biking, and streams and rivers for fishing, canoeing, kayaking and rafting are all within easy reach.
WV FREE works in partnership with its sister organization, the WV FREE Action Fund. Both share the same overall mission, office space, and employees.
Job Description: WV FREE seeks a highly motivated individual with a working knowledge of the educational system in West Virginia to serve as full-time Program Manager for the WISE Initiative. The goal of the WISE program is to institutionalize comprehensive sex education (CSE) in West Virginia public schools. The Manager will work in collaboration with local partner organizations and state agencies to develop implementation strategy, manage evaluation, and other activities essential to successful results. The WISE Initiative Manager will be responsible for planning, managing and conducting training and technical assistance to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished. Responsibilities include monitoring the implementation and evaluation of sex education in school districts. In collaboration with partners, the WISE Initiative Manager will develop a learning community for teachers across sites.
- Collaborate with state agencies, county school boards, principals, educators and WV FREE partner groups to continue to build support West Virginia’s permissive policies on sexual health education.
- Identify schools/districts to assess for CSE institutionalization.
- Conduct environmental scans.
- Engage stakeholders and champions.
- Review CSE-supportive district policy.
- Review and/or connect CSE to school frameworks (education standards, core subjects, school improvement plans and strategic plans).
- Provide ongoing training and technical assistance through site visits and on-site training.
- Conduct curriculum mapping & alignment (e.g. pacing, placement in existing curricula, standards).
- Help schools select, procure, adapt and adopt curriculum.
- Conduct curriculum trainings and provide technical assistance to implement CSE in the classroom.
- Oversee project evaluation for process, outcome, impact and leverage measures to assess effectiveness of strategy, implementation and impact.
- Assist with grant reporting on the initiative.
- Disseminate results and lessons learned to national evaluator, funder, local partners, and the fields of public health, education, sex education, teen pregnancy.
- The Program Manager must possess the skills to take direction, work cooperatively and independently.
- Excellent organizational, written and social skills are a prerequisite.
- The ideal candidate will be an energetic ‘people person’ who can handle and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Knowledge of program creation and development of administrative policies and procedures
- Degree in Public Health, Education or other related fields
- At least three years of experience in program management
How To Apply: Applicants should send a cover letter detailing interest in this specific position and WV FREE, a resume, and a list of three references including one from a current or former supervisor to:
100 Capitol Street, Suite 1005
Charleston, WV 25301
Or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.