[We post job listings for relevant opportunities we think our audience might be interested in under the tag “Job Listings” - all of which can be accessed in the order they are posted by clicking JOB LISTINGS on our sidebar. Check back frequently for the latest updates, and please help disseminate! Also check out The Center for Sexual Pleasure and Health on LinkedIn.]
Note: This is an excerpted job description. Click this link to read the whole thing.
Organization Information: Fenway Community Health is a comprehensive non-profit community health center, providing a wide continuum of health care services. We are New England’s leading primary care health center for the lesbian and gay community, and in addition we provide health care to residents of Boston’s Fenway neighborhood.
The part time Research Assistant assists in the implementation of an epidemiology/behavioral science HIV prevention intervention study with young transgender women (on the trans feminine/ MTF spectrum and under the age of 25). This is a part-time position (approximately 20-30hrs/week).
- Assessing and documenting eligibility and arranging baseline and follow-up appointments
- Conducting an informed consent process and behavioral interviews with study participants
- Conducting HIV and STI testing and counseling
- Engaging in active and passive recruitment activities; screening and scheduling potential participants
- Performing quality control and assurance procedures
- Serving as a community leader and educator, by presenting at local conferences, meetings, and events on behalf of Fenway and the study team.
- Supporting study recruitment efforts by identifying and establishing recruitment opportunities
- Updating recruitment calendar and tracking events
- Maintaining and updating recruitment and screening databases and preparing study documentation
- Supporting the planning and execution of retention events
- Assisting in the development and revision of study-related materials
- Direct experience working with transgender people
- Familiarity and comfort with HIV prevention issues facing transgender people, youth, MSM, and other groups at high-risk for HIV infection
- Experience working in human subjects research strongly preferred
- Experience working in an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse environment preferred
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals required
- Transgender women and women of color are highly encouraged to apply
How To Apply: When applying for this position, please reference the job title and job ID #333
US Mail: Fenway Health 1340 Boylston Street 9th Floor, Ansin Building Boston, MA 02215 Attention: Human Resources
E-Mail: Send a cover letter and resume by electronic mail to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are applying for more than one position, please send a separate email for each job. If you are sending files as attachments to your e-mail, please be sure the attached files are written in Microsoft Word (.doc) or are in PDF format (.pdf). We do not accept compressed files of any type (e.g., Zip, Stuff It).