[We post job listings for relevant opportunities we think our audience might be interested in under the tag “Job Listings” - all of which can be accessed in the order they are posted by clicking JOB LISTINGS on our sidebar. Check back frequently for the latest updates, and please help disseminate! Also check out The Center for Sexual Pleasure and Health on LinkedIn.]
Note: This is an excerpted job description. Click this link to read the whole thing.
Organization Information: Founded in 1974, The Women’s Center of Rhode Island serves hundreds of domestic violence victims and their children each year. The Women’s Center offers safe shelter, counseling, 24-hour helpline , childcare, community outreach and advocacy services to victims of abuse.
The Women’s Center of RI is seeking Overnight Advocates who are available for overnight (8:30pm-8:30am) shifts. The advocate would be responsible for answering help line calls, supervising shelter residents to ensure the safety and security of the facility, and are available to residents as a reliable presence.
- Associate’s Degree in Human Services or a related field or the equivalent in education and experience is required.
- A combination of education and experience demonstrating acquisition of the Skills and Abilities Required
- Remain calm effectively deal with stressful and emergency situations
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to issues of trauma, domestic violence, cultural, ethnic, racial and socioeconomic issues
- Bilingual ability in Spanish and English
- Experience in human services and/or non-profit agencies
How To Apply: To apply for this position please send a resume and cover letter to:
Lisa Walsh, Finance & Operations Administrator
Women’s Center of Rhode Island
PO Box 603300
Providence, RI 02906