[We post job listings for relevant opportunities we think our audience might be interested in under the tag “Job Listings” - all of which can be accessed in the order they are posted by clicking JOB LISTINGS on our sidebar. Check back frequently for the latest updates, and please help disseminate! Also check out The Center for Sexual Pleasure and Health on LinkedIn.]
Note: This is an excerpted job description. Click this link to read the whole thing.
Organization Information: Fenway Health is a comprehensive community health center, providing a wide continuum of health care services. We are New England’s leading primary care health center for the lesbian and gay community, and in addition we provide health care to residents of Boston’s Fenway neighborhood.
Fenway also administers The Fenway Institute, the nation’s leading center for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender research and evaluation, training and education and policy and advocacy. The Fenway Institute conducts a wide range of studies on such topics as HIV risk reduction and prevention, drug treatment trials efficacy, substance abuse recovery and hepatitis transmission. The following position is available at the Institute within Fenway Health
The Programs Manager oversees the timely completion of multiple training and technical assistance programs for the National LGBT Health Education Center. The Center provides professional development programs, such as workshops, webinars, and on-line resources to community health centers and other health agencies to help them improve their capacity to provide services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people.
- Managing the implementation and marketing of educational programs, including a webinar series, and working with faculty, webinar service providers, and continuing education accreditors to meet programmatic goals
- Consulting with health care organizations to improve their systems of care
- Managing relationships with partner organizations to accomplish educational projects
- Writing and editing grant proposals and reports.
- Developing health care organization assessment tools
- Writing website and newsletter content
- Managing support staff in tasks related to programs
• Graduate degree in related field required
• Minimum three years’ work experience in related field
• Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working in an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse environment preferred
How To Apply: When applying for this position, please reference the job title and job ID #325
If you have additional questions, please contact our Human Resources Office at (617) 927-6407. A detailed cover letter and resume may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; faxed to (617) 927-6251; or mailed to: Fenway Health, 1340 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02215, Attention: Human Resources