[We post job listings for relevant opportunities we think our audience might be interested in under the tag “Job Listings” - all of which can be accessed in the order they are posted by clicking JOB LISTINGS on our sidebar. Check back frequently for the latest updates, and please help disseminate! Also check out The Center for Sexual Pleasure and Health on LinkedIn.]
Note: This is an excerpted job description. Click this link to read the whole thing.
Organization Information: The Women’s Health and Education Fund (WHEF) is a Rhode Island non-profit organization governed by an all-volunteer board of directors. WHEF raises funds to provide financial assistance to women who otherwise would not be able to access the reproductive health care (including birth control and abortion care) of their choice.
Job Description: WHEF is in the early planning stages for its 4th annual bowl-a-thon fundraiser, which will take place in April of 2013. WHEF is seeking a contract consultant to help coordinate the key elements of the organization’s major annual event, which last year included over 120 participants.
- Project management, including recruiting and managing volunteer bowl-a-thon committee members, facilitating monthly planning meetings, overseeing the event budget, and reporting back to WHEF’s board of directors;
- Soliciting and obtaining event sponsorship and donated items for the event raffle;
- Recruiting new team captains and maintaining communication with registered captains and event participants;
- Creating and managing a bowl-a-thon marketing plan, including outreach to TV, print, and online and social media;
- Assisting with related event logistics, including coordinating refreshments, event registration, and the bowl-a-thon raffle.
- Experience working with volunteers and facilitating planning meetings;
- Experience soliciting donations and sponsorships;
- Experience developing marketing plans and working with social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr;
- Familiarity with local Rhode Island businesses and non-profit organizations;
How To Apply: Applicants should submit a short cover letter, resume, and names of two references to Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 12, 2012.