[We post job listings for relevant opportunities we think our audience might be interested in under the tag “Job Listings” - all of which can be accessed in the order they are posted by clicking JOB LISTINGS on our sidebar. Check back frequently for the latest updates, and please help disseminate! Also check out The Center for Sexual Pleasure and Health on LinkedIn.]
The Director of the Office of Multicultural Affairs operates as a change-agent providing leadership for diversity, equity and inclusion-based programming, education and initiatives on campus that engage the campus community as a whole. In collaboration with key constituents, the director will push forward the development and implementation of a strategic plan for diversity, equity and inclusion that is mission-driven and aligned with the college’s overall strategic plans. The Director also has primary responsibility of enhancing cross-cultural understanding and competence at the college through the development and implementation of policies, procedures, curricular and co-curricular activities that are guided by the principles of diversity, equity, inclusion, transparency, and shared governance. The Director works toward these ends through collaboration and relationship building with internal and external constituents and key stakeholders. This position reports directly to the Vice President for Student Affairs.
- Promote and coordinate training programs and workshops on diversity and inter-cultural competencies for staff, faculty, administrators, and students
- Assist in developing systemic structures to recruit, retain, and promote diverse students, staff, and faculty by working closely with the Office of Admissions staff and Human Resources Department staff and staff/faculty search committees
- Serve as a resource on the Diversity Advisory Council and steering committees and employee resource groups such as PRISM, to lead strategic diversity planning efforts
- Coordinate ongoing assessments of diversity that use a range of data-gathering approaches.
- Serve on committees that focus on the promotion of diversity and inclusion programming, outreach, and education
- Elevate visibility and credibility of campus diversity education.
How To Apply: Visit https://www.rollinsjobs.com/postings/401 to apply
Organization Information: Rollins College, Florida. At Rollins, our people provide our strategic advantage. We seek talented individuals who can help us fulfill our mission to educate students for global citizenship and responsible leadership, and deliver on our service philosophy: “Together, we inspire purposeful lives through distinctive, engaged learning and exceptional service.”
Rollins is fully committed to creating an inclusive, just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons of color and other historically under-represented groups are therefore encouraged to apply for employment. Our equal opportunity policy is inclusive of sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and we offer domestic partner benefits.
- Master’s degree in related field required
- Demonstrated administrative leadership and management skills in an Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Experience generating curriculum and leading professional development associated with diversity and inclusion topics
- Knowledge and understanding of student development theory and LEAP student learning outcomes.
Preferred Qualifications: Doctorate degree in related field is preferred.
Note: This is an excerpted job description. Click this link to read the whole thing.