Looking for some fun new ways to get down n’ dirty with your sweetheart? Impact play can be a great way to introduce some spice into your sex life at an intensity that is comfortable for your personal desires, encompassing a variety of options from light spanking to hard whipping. It refers to any kind of physical striking that melds pain and pleasure in a deliciously sexual way.
Sweet! My partner and I can’t wait to start smacking each other around. But what can we do it with?
From L-R and top to bottom: a flogger, cane, crop, paddle, and whip.
- Hands - the most convenient, no-cost toy. Bend your partner over your lap and spank and squeeze them, dividing attention between each buttcheek. Cup your hands slightly for a more pleasing impact. Avoid hitting the tailbone! That won’t be a good kind of hurt.
- Wet towels - another cheap way to get some meaningful sensation. Experiment with force and frequency of blows; alternating between light and severe impacts can help build up to a shuddering climax.
- Floggers - a type of whipping tool that has many tails/thongs. The shorter the tails are, the more control the wielder will have over each strike, so pick a toy that is appropriate for your skill level. The multiple tails mean that impact can be dispersed over a wider surface area and in a variety of patterns, making this a versatile first-timer’s toy.
- Canes - a hard slim stick that will produce a distinct stinging sensation. Hold the cane lower down to reduce the intensity of each smack. Often the toy of choice if you intend to leave your lover looking like a human Tic Tac Toe board after play…
- Crops - a cane-like toy with a small flap of flexible leather-like material at the top, which can be quickly snapped against your partner or smacked with the force of the entire arm. Another toy that can be used easily for a variety of intensities.
- Paddles - although the Ping Pong paddles you are probably familiar with are made of wood, S&M paddles are typically made of leather or plastic, and can be lined with all sorts of fun materials from fur to velvet. Think of it as Spanking 2.0: same concept, but harder and firmer delivery.
- Whip - no longer just a toy for cowboys! Characterized by “a handle…with a tail”, whips require particular care and practice to use during play. Their sensation will typically be stronger and more concentrated.
Yeah! Time to pull out my riding crops and hop right to getting it on!
Don’t forget that before engaging in impact play, you should know what areas of the body to avoid: stay away from joints and important organs, particularly the lower back, where your kidneys are located. The best places to hit without fear would be fleshy areas such as the breasts or butt. This post is a simple guide, so do some more research if you plan on going ham! If it’s your first time playing with a certain toy or a partner, unless both of you are fully aware of what your limits are, it’s advisable to start off slow and build up the intensity. Always talk about impact play before you engage in it!
Remember, there isn’t any “right” level of pain and sensation that you should be aiming for. Just do what makes you - both/all of you - shiver in that sexy orgasmic way ;)